View topic - I BELIEVE IN WRESTLING RETURNS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2012 @ 8PM • 911Wrestling: News, Magazine

I BELIEVE IN WRESTLING RETURNS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2012 @ 8PM

Indy #Wrestling Discussion

Moderator: Norm

I BELIEVE IN WRESTLING RETURNS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2012 @ 8PM

Postby believe » October 8th, 2012, 2:44 pm

I BELIEVE IN WRESTLING
presents
BELIEVE XLVII

Friday, November 2, 2012 @ 8:00pm / Doors open @ 7:30pm
Team Vision Dojo
6923 Narcoossee Rd - Unit #620
Orlando, Florida 32822

Florida Heavyweight Championship
RAY BEEZ (champion) vs. J.D. AMAZING (challenger)

Florida Cruiserweight Champion CHASYN RANCE & CHICO ADAMS
vs. GORILLA HANLEY & JOSH HESS

"PURFECT 10" LINCE DORADO vs. RAFAEL ALTAIR

CODY HALL vs. MIKE REED

SANTANA GARRETT vs. "UNCANNY" BRANDON SCHERER

TIM ZBYSZKO w/ Larry Zbyszko vs. DONOVAN TERRELL

GERSOM "THE REV" SANCHEZ vs. AARON EPIC

General Admission Tickets: $10
For More Information, call (407) 334-2200
Pre-order tickets are available at: http://www.ibelieveinwrestling.com/

Card Subject to Change
believe

Re: I BELIEVE IN WRESTLING RETURNS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2012 @

Postby SMJ » October 8th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Subscribe to our Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/911wrestlin ... irmation=1

Purchase 911Wrestling Magazine from Magcloud: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/662874

SMJ

Postby miltonmike » October 9th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Snowman,
I saw the rant on Twitter about this. If guys like Jon Dalton want to throw a fit because they are not on the poster, just ask them for $40 to make a poster with them on it. If they don't want to pay, tell them to shut the hell up.
miltonmike

Postby believe » October 11th, 2012, 10:02 am

J.D. Amazing is not responsible for promoting the event but is responsible for being half of the main event. 911 does great work and we think the flyer looks great, but J.D.'s argument is justified if this was the official poster for the event. This is just a good person helping out where he can for Florida independent wrestling and its much appreciated.
believe

Postby miltonmike » October 11th, 2012, 10:19 am

Yes. He and his 20 followers on Twitter are your main event. Be happy he isn't in charge of advertising and publicity.
miltonmike

Postby LewSpectre » October 11th, 2012, 12:41 pm

JD is upset about being left off a poster?

I like JD Amazing, but come on man... who gives a rats ass if you are on the online poster for an event?

Kick someones ass, collect your $$ and go to the bar like a professional.

Caring who is on the poster is for marks.
LewSpectre
Wrestling911 Legend
1,000 Posts

Postby SMJ » October 11th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Here is my side of the story. Believe didn't have a poster on 911. I checked out their website and saw they didn't have one. I had an hour to spare, so I decided to multi task and work on a graphic for them.

A few weeks ago I asked Tim if he had a picture I could use. He said to pull one off of his FB page. I hate pulling poster pictures off of FB, as they are usually crummy resolution. However, I cropped it and made it look pretty decent. That took about 10 minutes.

Then I realized I didn't even have a Believe logo. Some companies get upset if you don't use their actual logo. I created a new company logo from scratch, and tried to make it look similar. That took about 30 minutes. The hardest part was trying to make it look like the old logo.

I have a pictures of Epic, Lince, and Santana... but I really didn't have many people from their roster. Thus, I decided to make a generic poster instead of one that listed off each match. The Chasyn picture that I had was one of him flexing (double arm bicep pose). Since that pose didn't seem to match the others, I decided to crop a new picture of Chasyn from this picture that I found online: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uKcaT2OeyIA/T ... e_1-10.jpg That took another 10 minutes.

I had recently worked on a picture of Jason Hanley. I took this a year ago:

I spent about 15 minutes making him look more "muscular," like in this picture. (Below) I probably started that project the day before. When making a picture like this, you basically have to trace the outline of the person to crop them out of their background.

Since I have been trying improve the look of my posters recently, I went to a few websites and downloaded some lighting effects. I spent 5 or 10 minutes on that.

I looked for a picture of Ray Beez online, but all I found was stuff like this:

It doesn't quite match the others, and I decided not to include him for now. I need to get a pic from him.

This is what I found of JD Amazing. I figured it would work, but it wasn't preferred since he has no legs. I figured I would wait to get a matching picture of Beez and update the poster with a slight variation of just the main event.

Then I worked on the text, which was pulled from 911. I adjusted some colors and added some filters. Last but not least, I added a background of a Dojo. (Believe uses that term a lot.) I added a layer of shading around the edges, uploaded the image, and posted it in various places online.

Immediately Hanley complained that he didn't look good. He said his face looked odd without facial hair. I understand his complaint.

Then Amazing complained about not being on the poster. " @LivingLegendLZ @TeamVisionDojo i can tell by the flyer this show sucks... F#ck you @911WrestlingCom " I am not certain if he has a gimmick where he Tweets like the Iron Sheik, but the tweets didn't upset me too much. He sent a bunch of similar Tweets like that. I have no idea if he was trying to be funny or what.

The folks at Believe were very thankful and nice. They sent me a logo, a picture of Beez, and a picture of Amazing to help with future posters. I was already upset with myself because I didn't add Epic. I meant to add him. I feel like I don't add him to enough posters and things. He has never complained to me. I appreciate that.

On the same day, I had several other "wrestlers" make complaints about their pictures, posters, videos, etc.

Anyway
Subscribe to our Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/911wrestlin ... irmation=1

Purchase 911Wrestling Magazine from Magcloud: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/662874

SMJ

Postby Josh Rich » October 12th, 2012, 3:03 am

If it makes you feel any better, I would curse at you whether you included everybody or not.
Josh Rich
Main Eventer (250 Posts)

Next

Return to Florida and Gulf Coast Wrestling Discussion