View topic - Arn Retires - Mocked by nWo in Pensacola • 911Wrestling: News, Magazine

Arn Retires - Mocked by nWo in Pensacola

Indy #Wrestling Discussion

Moderator: Norm

Arn Retires - Mocked by nWo in Pensacola

Postby SMJ » February 22nd, 2013, 8:58 am

In August 1997, Arn Anderson retired after neck surgery. The emotional ceremony included Arn passing "his spot" in the Horsemen to Curt Hennig. On September 1, 1997 Nitro came to Pensacola. The episode of Nitro was dedicated to the Enforcer.

At the time, Ric Flair and Eric Bischoff HATED each other in behind the scenes. During the episode from Pensacola, the nWo mocked Arn's retirement ceremony. They reenacted it, and made fun of Arn's health problems.

This didn't sit well with Flair and Arn, who didn't think this should be part of an nWo angle. They legitimately hated the nWo (especially Eric Bischoff) for doing this. Mind you, Flair was the lead guy in WCW when Eric took over. Flair was pushed aside by Eric when Hogan, Macho, Nash, and Hall were brought in.

Was anyone in attendance for this night in Pensacola? Any thoughts?
Subscribe to our Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/911wrestlin ... irmation=1

Purchase 911Wrestling Magazine from Magcloud: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/662874

SMJ

Re: Arn Retires - Mocked by nWo in Pensacola

Postby briancaige » February 22nd, 2013, 5:40 pm

I was. Granted, I was 11 at the time so my memories of the whole thing are quite fuzzy.

I do, however, remember quite vividly when they came back in October the following year, 6 days before the infamous Halloween Havoc with Warrior vs Hulk in the cage. Of course, my fondest memory of that show was the drunk guy 4 rows in front of me that would, whenever Hogan would make his entrance and/or be shown on screen, yell out "He's older than older than older than dirt!" to the tune of Hogan's WCW music.

ImageImageImage

Available for bookings, contact through Wrestling911, facebook, or briancaige@yahoo.com
briancaige
Main Eventer (250 Posts)

Postby mrgulfcoast » February 23rd, 2013, 5:52 pm

Hogan Warrior 2 was a tremendous sh!t match.

Remember Club La Vela Nitro in a pool? Nice
mrgulfcoast
Main Eventer (250 Posts)

Postby The Gargoyle » February 26th, 2013, 6:57 pm

I was there & I wanted to jump into the ring to kill the NWO !! That was utterly disrespectful to Arn & I'm a HUGE Horsemen fan. I was pretty drunk with some of my buddies & they were egging me on ,luckily for me , my oldest daughter grabbed me & told me to sit down because the NWO would kill me. One of the smartest moves I ever made. I wanted to kick X-Punk's ass sooooooooooo bad that night.
Support Indy Wrestling !!!
The Gargoyle
Wrestling911 God

Return to Florida and Gulf Coast Wrestling Discussion