View topic - What do people know about SXW? • 911Wrestling: News, Magazine

What do people know about SXW?

Indy #Wrestling Discussion

Moderator: Norm

What do people know about SXW?

Postby seudy » February 26th, 2013, 11:04 am

Southeastern X-Treme Wrestling is an Independent wrestling organization founded in 1999, and is the longest running active federation in the Wiregrass and Florida Panhandle area. SXW runs shows on Saturday nights in and around the Dothan, Alabama area.

Phone (334) 333-7568
Email doubletroublewrestling@hotmail.com
@sxwwrestling
http://www.sxwwrestling.cjb.net/
seudy

Re: What do people know about SXW?

Postby seudy » February 26th, 2013, 11:07 am

March 16, 2013 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars building located at 434 Highway 84 East in Daleville, Alabama at 7:30 pm.

April 27, 2013 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars building located at 434 Highway 84 East in Daleville, Alabama at 7:30 pm.

May 18, 2013 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars building located at 434 Highway 84 East in Daleville, Alabama at 7:30 pm.

June 15, 2013 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars building located at 434 Highway 84 East in Daleville, Alabama at 7:30 pm.
seudy

Postby The Gargoyle » February 26th, 2013, 6:49 pm

SXW has had it's ups & downs over the years. For a long time they had a bad reputation as a sh!t show, however I've heard the have new ownership& are culling the roster to make room for better talent. I personally have not been there live but have watched plenty of video. They have some loyal fans who love their show. I'd like for the SXW fans& some former wrestlers who have worked there weigh in. I have heard stories but to be fair I believe the aforementioned should weigh in. The FRF might have to make a trip to Daleville in the near future & do a review.
Support Indy Wrestling !!!
The Gargoyle
Wrestling911 God

Postby cottontop32428 » February 26th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Like Gargoyle says they have had their ups and downs but seem to be heading in the right direction.They have their loyal fans kind of like CSW out of Mossy Head.I am planning on catching one of their shows real soon myself. As Always SEE YA
cottontop32428

Postby The Gargoyle » February 26th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Thanks for commenting Dennis.
The Gargoyle
Wrestling911 God

Postby Colby Godwin » February 26th, 2013, 10:31 pm

So I was messaged by a certain masked friend to check this post out about SXW. I got my start with SEW/SXW a decade ago and I have minimal good memories of that hell hole. The only good memories I have are with the guys I broke in with, meeting and working Street Bandit (whom helped me become a better worker), meeting Twizted aka Zane Epic Stevens, and the Armstrongs. When I broke in SEW/SXW was full of convicts and child molesters which I'm sure currently is no different. I have absolutely no love for Pritchard or JR. SXW is probably the most outlaw of a promotion that I've ever worked for besides the promotion in North Alabama that is full of death match junkies, only seconded by the now defunct Lower Alabama Wrestling from Hartford, AL. Sadly SEW/SXW was my first indie show, where I met Dennis Love standing in line (good guy, all love *wink*). I know I'm egotistical but I was probably the best thing to come from this Dothan based promotion, also Rex Andrews who later got trained CORRECTLY by Booker T. I've heard that SXW had a big muscular guy who worked for them that eventually went to OVW but lost his life. Sadly, I never knew him. Other SXW-ish alumni would be Street Bandit, Zane Epic Stevens, "First String" Cameron Thomas, & Justin Overstreet. I can type this with a smile on my face is that each of the men, even myself, that I listed ALL left. I know Zane & Justin work there since it's local but they are the only two that SXW has going for them (along with Scotty Rayz and the gentle giant Big John Harley). I'm thankful Pritchard taught me how to bump and an "around-the-world" chain sequence during "training". I'm also thankful I was smart enough to kick rocks when I did. So to sum it all up this is what I think of the sh!t hole I knew as SXW from 2003-2012...

ImageImageImageacg4life Imageyuyuhakalugi

Colby Godwin
https://twitter.com/colbygodwin

Postby The Gargoyle » February 27th, 2013, 9:28 pm

God I love you Colby !!! Not afraid to voice your opinion ,that's one of my favorite things about you, damn the feedback & that's why we get along so well.
The Gargoyle
Wrestling911 God

Return to Florida and Gulf Coast Wrestling Discussion